Most of us feel a need to take stock of our career at times.
For some, it’s a regular event. For others, it’s more ad hoc, or prompted by a nagging sense of dissatisfaction that won’t go away, a restlessness in need of encouragement and focus in order to be productive and fulfilling.
Confucius said, ‘Find a job you love, and you’ll never work a day in your life.’
We all have unique talents that we can harness to make our own special contribution in our work.
Is the time now right to have career coaching support to review where you are, play to your strengths, and do work you love?
I’ll help you to:
- uncover the dormant potential within you
- connect (or reconnect) with what's enjoyable and meaningful to you, what motivates you, where you shine, your strengths and talents
- use my ‘Career Wheel’ to see how well what you're currently doing aligns with your needs
- assess how much of your potential you’re using, and where you’d like to stretch, develop or contribute more
- examine your career aspirations, what ‘career success’ means to you, and how it fits into the bigger picture of your life
- understand your personal template for what makes you happiest and most satisfied in your work - what you need to be fulfilled.
Together, we'll create a personal action plan to ensure you move forwards positively and achieve the fulfilment you're looking for.
It might be to:
- develop yourself where you are now - in your current role, or in another role with your current employer. I'll help you work out the best strategy to position yourself for success, mould your role to suit both you and your employer, and understand and build the collaborative and constructive relationships that will transform your career growth and satisfaction
- find a new job - I'll help you identify your talents, showcase them in a CV or job application, decide the best job search techniques for you, make a positive and confident impact in interviews, and successfully land the best role for you
- change career - I'll work with you to fine-tune, clarify, or unravel and tease out your new career, and then support you to take the action needed to successfully step forwards into it
- transition into self-employment - whether it's full-time, part-time, or a 'side hustle', I'll help you pinpoint your winning combination of talent and passion, position yourself for the greatest appeal, put in place the personal structures you need, and take the steps that will move you from where you are now to being your own boss.
‘Wherever you are in your career there is always opportunity to learn and grow. I never assume I’ve ‘got there’. The environment I’m in, economically, politically, is always changing and it’s important for me to sense check that my focus and skills are being optimised in the right direction. The world is very uncertain and working with Sue ensures I keep my view broad so that if I have to change roles I’ll be equipped to do so.’ NM, Director, Travel Industry
Could career coaching help you? Why not give me a call or drop me a line to arrange an informal chat? Let's talk.